PM's statement on his upcoming visit to Japan
The Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi, has said the following, on his upcoming visit to Japan:
"On 30th August I will begin my visit to Japan. I am keenly looking forward to the visit, which will boost relations between our 2 nations.
Japan visit will be my first bilateral visit outside the subcontinent. I was to visit in early July but could not due to Parliament session.
I see the Japan visit as an opportunity to take our ties with Japan to a new level and increase cooperation in various fields.
I will visit Tokyo and Kyoto, and will interact with all sections of Japanese society from students, political leaders to captains of industry.
Have very warm memories of visiting Japan as a Chief Minister. The hospitality and the immense scope for cooperation left a deep impression on my mind.
The scale of innovation and level of precision among the people of Japan is admirable. Both our nations can learn a lot from each other.
Am particularly excited to meet Prime Minister Shinzo Abe. I deeply respect his leadership and enjoy a warm relationship with him from previous meetings.
Japan's friendship with India is time tested. We are 2 vibrant democracies committed to advancing peace and prosperity in the world.
Related Press Releases
- Joint Statement on Prime Minister's visit to Japan: Strengthening the Strategic and Global Partnership between India and Japan beyond the 60th Anniversary of Diplomatic Relations
- Prime Minister's Media Statement during the visit of Prime Minister of Japan to India
- PM’s upcoming visit to five Central Asian nations and Russia
- Prime Minister of Japan Shinzo Abe to visit India from January 25-27 for the Annual Summit between India and Japan Official Visit of the Prime Minister of Japan to India (January 25-27, 2014)
- Joint Statement on Japan-India Investment Promotion by Anand Sharma, Minister of Commerce and Industry, India and Toshimitsu Motegi, Minister of Economy, Trade and Industry, Japan
- Union Finance Minister Stresses on the Capital Increase in the ADB to Maintain a Leading Role in Development Financing in Asia
- FM Launches New Website of PFRDA and Releases Its First Annual Report; Says the Pension Reforms will Help in Releasing Resources for Better Deployment and Utilisation in other SOCIAL SECTORS
Search for PIB News
The contents of this website is sourced from press releases issued by the Press Information Bureau, Govt. of India. The official PIB website is at www.pib.nic.in