DoPT Order on Search/Selection Committees
The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC) has directed that the Search Committee/Search-cum-Selection Committee should recommend panels in the order of merit. The ACC has, however, observed that in some of the cases submitted by various Ministries/Departments, the Selection Committees/Search-cum-Selection Committees are not recommending the panel in order of merit/preference.
In view of the above, the ACC has reiterated that unless statutorily required not to arrange the names in the panel in the order of preference, the Selection Committee/Search-cum-Selection Committee must invariably indicate the order of preference.
Related Press Releases
- States show the way forward on building smart cities Impart clarity on selection criteria, financing and reforms to live up to the task States suggest two stage selection of cities, fixed tenures
- Officers thank MoS DoPT for speedy promotions
- 38 DoPT employees presented with Excellence Awards
- DoPT to hold Stress Management Programme for officers
- DOPT Launched Internship Scheme, 2013 from September 01.
- Meeting Between Indian Agriculture Minister and Minister of Irrigation, Nepal
- Vast possibilities in India-Australia health care cooperation Dr Harsh Vardhan shows visiting PM Tony Abbott AIIMS Trauma Centre
Search for PIB News
The contents of this website is sourced from press releases issued by the Press Information Bureau, Govt. of India. The official PIB website is at www.pib.nic.in