Inaugural Function of the Commemoration of the 150th Birth Anniversary of Swami Vivekananda Organized on 12th January 2013
The Government of India has decided to undertake the commemoration of 150th birth anniversary of Swami Vivekananda. A National Committee under the Chairmanship of Prime Minister Dr. Manmohan Singh was constituted to consider policies and to lay down guidelines for the commemoration and to decide on the time frame for the commemoration related activities.
A National Implementation Committee was also constituted in 2010 under the Chairmanship of the then Finance Minister Shri Pranab Mukherjee to implement the decisions of the National Committee. On Shri Pranab Mukherjee’s assuming the office of President of India, Defence Minister Shri A.K. Antony has been appointed Chairman of the said National Implementation Committee.
The inaugural function of the year-long commemoration is to be held on 12th January 2013 at the Rashtrapati Bhawan auditorium. President Shri Pranab Mukherjee will inaugurate the commemoration in the presence of Smt. Sonia Gandhi, Chairperson UPA, Shri A.K. Antony, Minister of Defence & Chairman NIC, Shri P. Chidambaram, Minister of Finance, Shri Kapil Sibal, Minister of Communications and IT, Smt. Chandresh Kumari Katoch, Minister of Culture and Swami Suhitananda, General Secretary, Ramakrishna Mission, Belur Math.
The programme will consist of addresses by dignitaries on the importance and relevance of this commemoration, in the present context. Children from the Ramakrishna Mission, New Delhi will render a singing performance. A set of commemorative coins and commemorative stamps on Swami Vivekananda will also be released on the occasion.
Related Press Releases
- PM’s address at the Closing Ceremony of the Commemoration of 150th Birth Anniversary of Swami Vivekananda
- President Shri Pranab Mukherjee Inaugurates Commemoration of the 150th Birth Anniversary of Swami Vivekananda
- Achievements of Union Ministry of Culture During the Year-Long Commemoration of 150th Birth Anniversary of Swami Vivekananda
- President inaugurates Ramakrishna Math and Ramakrishna Mission’s celebration of the 150th birth anniversary of Swami Vivekananda at Swamiji’s own birthplace
- MOS Shri Jitin Prasada Releases Music Album to commemorate 150th birth celebrations of Swami Vivekananda
- Quick Estimates of Index of Industrial Production and Use-Based Index for the Month of November, 2012 (Base 2004-05=100)
- Justice Mehra Commission invites Suggestions by 18th January
Search for PIB News
The contents of this website is sourced from press releases issued by the Press Information Bureau, Govt. of India. The official PIB website is at www.pib.nic.in