Non-Lapsable Central Pool of Resources
An amount of Rs.23,210.50 crore has accrued to the Non-Lapsable Central Pool of Resources (NLCPR) for the North East from 1998-99 to 2012-13, out of which Rs. 10,411.87 crore has been utilized during the referred period. The balance available in the pool as at 31.03.2013 is Rs. 12,769.04 crore as confirmed by the Ministry of Finance who maintain the resource pool.
The accruals in NLCPR are utilized by the Ministry of DoNER under the two Schemes of NLCPR (State) and NLCPR-Central for which annual budgetary allocations are provided in the normal budgetary process. Utilization of funds under the two schemes is debited annually to the resource pool. Under the NLCPR (State) Scheme, priority projects of North Eastern States are being funded and under NLCPR-Central Scheme, funds are provided to Central Ministries for implementing projects of national and regional importance.
Tuirial Hydro Electric Project (60 MW) in Mizoram, being implemented by North Eastern Electric Power Corporation, Ministry of Power has been partly funded under NLCPR-Central Scheme. So far, an amount of Rs. 97.94 crores has been released to Ministry of Power against Rs. 300 crore to be provided by Ministry of DoNER for the Project.
This was stated by Dr. Jitendra Singh, the Minister of State (Independent Charge) for Development of North East Region in Lok Sabha today.
Related Press Releases
- Petroleum Minister calls upon the OMCs to pool their resources, technologies, experiences and best practices to be better prepared for the challenges of the future
- Allocation of Power from Central Pool
- More than 411.38 lakh Foodgrains with Central Pool
- Enough Foodgrains with Central Pool to Meet Contingency Needs
- More than 596 Lakh Tons Foodgrains with Central Pool
- Budgetary Support to IOCL for Financing PCPIR
- Development Projects in North-East
Search for PIB News
The contents of this website is sourced from press releases issued by the Press Information Bureau, Govt. of India. The official PIB website is at www.pib.nic.in