Allocation and Utilisation of Funds for Ministry of Minority Affairs
The Ministry of Minority Affairs was created on 29th January, 2006. Accordingly, the details of budgetary allocations for schemes meant for the minority communities during the last two years of the Xth Plan viz. 2005-06 and 2006-07 and their utilization are as under:-
(Amount in Rs. crore)
|Year||Budgetary Allocation (Plan Schemes)||Expenditure|
|Budget Estimates||Revised Estimates|
Against the Plan allocation of Rs.7,000.00 crore for the XIth Plan (2007-08 to 2011-12), Rs. 6,816.40 crore were utilized for various schemes meant for the minority communities.
The main reasons, for not utilizing the entire allocations during the respective years, are -
· The implementation of major schemes of the Ministry, such as, Pre-matric Scholarship Scheme and Multi-sectoral Development Programme (MsDP) for selected minority concentration districts (MCDs) could commence only in 2008-09.
· Non-submission of viable and adequate proposals by the State Governments/Union Territory (UT) Administrations.
· Delay in submission of Utilization Certificates by the State Governments/Union Territory (UT) Administrations.
· Promulgation of model code of conduct due to general election of Lok Sabha and assembly elections in several States, which delayed sanction of funds.
· Insufficient proposals received from some States/UTs especially from North Eastern States for Scholarship Schemes as many minority students also belong to Scheduled Tribe (ST) Category and have the option to avail scholarship under the schemes meant for STs. As a result, the unutilized funds for North East had to be surrendered as per existing provision.
This was stated by Shri Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi, the Minister of State for Minority Affairs in reply to question in Rajya Sabha today.
Related Press Releases
- Allocation and Utilisation of Funds under PRIs
- Consultative Committee , Ministry of Minority Affairs Visits Mewat
- Ministry of Minority Affairs Proposes Four Regional Conferences to Publicise its Programmes First Regional Conference of Ngos to be Held on 21st In Bengaluru
- 2nd Consultative Committee , Ministry of Minority Affairs Meets Target and Achievement of 11th Plan and Performance of Annual Plan 2012-13 Reviewd
- Minority Affairs Ministry Team Visits J&K to Implement Flood Relief Package Last Date of Scholarship Schemes Extended to 15th December for J&K Students Seeks Time Bound Action Plan From Sta
- Status of “Nai Roshni"
- Evaluation Study of Maulana Azad Education Foundation
Search for PIB News
The contents of this website is sourced from press releases issued by the Press Information Bureau, Govt. of India. The official PIB website is at www.pib.nic.in