Module Released on the Occasion of 152nd Birth Anniversary of Swami Vivekananda
The Secretary, School Education and Literacy, Ministry of Human Resource Development, Ms.Vrinda Sarup, inaugurated the National Lecturer Series organised by the National Council for Teacher Education (NCTE) in New Delhi today. A module on Swami Vivekananda entitled “Swami Vivekananda and Education: Empowering Teacher Educators” prepared by NCTE, an autonomous body under the Ministry of Human Resource Development was also formally released on this occasion.
While speaking the function, Ms. Vrinda Sarup, Secretary School Education & Literacy expressed her desire that the NCTE’s plans and interventions should explore the possibilities of preparing teachers and teacher educators for the 21st century. She further said that this event of celebrating Swami Vivekananda’s 152nd birth anniversary would be a great land mark in opening up the scope for inspiring young teacher educators who need to be empowered through such programmes.
A key note lecture was delivered by Prof. Aniruddha Deshpande, National Secretary, Swami Vivekananda Sardh Shati Samaroh Samiti. He mentioned that Swamiji looked at education as a journey from individuality to personality. Prof. Deshpande made extensive references to the key ideas of Swamiji which are relevant for revamping the educational system today.
Prof. Santosh Panda, Chairperson, National Council for Teacher Education, welcomed the dignitaries and the participating members and explained at length about the various steps taken by the NCTE to empower teachers and teacher educators, specifically the interventions presently introduced.
In this Series, NCTE in order to offer effective coverage of the ideas has decided to organise lecturers and workshops all through the year, on great thinkers of the country. Some of them who figure in the list are: Maulana Abul Kalam Azad, Bharat Ratan Pandit Madan Mohan Malaviya, Bharat Ratna Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan, Sri Aurobindo and Sant Kabir etc.
The function was attended by senior officers from the Ministry of HRD, Heads of Educational Institutions, Educationists, Deans/Professors, teachers and students from different schools/colleges.
Related Press Releases
- PM’s address at the Closing Ceremony of the Commemoration of 150th Birth Anniversary of Swami Vivekananda
- President Shri Pranab Mukherjee Inaugurates Commemoration of the 150th Birth Anniversary of Swami Vivekananda
- Inaugural Function of the Commemoration of the 150th Birth Anniversary of Swami Vivekananda Organized on 12th January 2013
- Achievements of Union Ministry of Culture During the Year-Long Commemoration of 150th Birth Anniversary of Swami Vivekananda
- President inaugurates Ramakrishna Math and Ramakrishna Mission’s celebration of the 150th birth anniversary of Swami Vivekananda at Swamiji’s own birthplace
- Vice President Greets Citizens on Makar Sankranti and Pongal
- PIB launches Webpage on Swami Vivekananda
Search for PIB News
The contents of this website is sourced from press releases issued by the Press Information Bureau, Govt. of India. The official PIB website is at www.pib.nic.in