Inspire Awards To Students
Innovation in Science Pursuit for Inspired Research (INSPIRE) is a National Programme implemented by the government of India for attraction of talent amongst students to study science and pursue career with research. Under the INSPIRE Award Scheme, there is a provision to give an award of Rs. 5000/- to students studying in classes 6th to 10th for preparing a science project/model. The number of such awards given to various States/UTs during the last three years is enclosed (Annexure-I).
Nominations for INSPIRE Awards are received by the Department from States/UTs online all the year round and are processed by the Department from time to time for sanction. The State/UT wise details of nominations received during 2014-15, are enclosed (Annexure-II).
Year-wise Number of INSPIRE Awards sanctioned to various States/UTs
|Sl. No||States/UTs/Independent Organization||No. of Awards sanctioned|
|10.||Jammu and Kashmir||3712||3486||1423|
|32.||Dadra and Nagar Haveli||128||117||136|
|33.||Daman and Diu||96||105||56|
|35.||NCT of Delhi||1687||463||250|
|37.||Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan||664||354||524|
*Included in the Andhra Pradesh as Telangana State came into being on March1, 2014
State/UT wise details of INSPIRE Award Nominations Received during 2014-15 (As on 19/02/2015)
|S. No.||States/UTs/Independent Organization||Number of Schools from which nominations received (see note 1)||Number of schools to which INSPIRE Awards have been sanctioned|
|Number of schools||Awards Sanctioned (see note 2)|
|Jammu and Kashmir||2629||2629||3892|
|Dadra and Nagar Haveli||88||0||0|
|Daman and Diu||48||0||0|
|NCT of Delhi||524||474||937|
|Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan||303||0||0|
Note: 1. Two students from each school studying in classes 6th to 10th are selected for INSPIRE Awards during the 5 year plan period.
Note: 2. About two lakh awards are sanctioned during each financial year. Balance awards will be sanctioned by March 31,2015
This information was given by the Minister of Science and Technology Dr. Harsh Vardhan in Lok Sabha today.
Related Press Releases
- Speech by the President of India, Shri Pranab Mukherjee at the meeting with the recipients of INSPIRE awards
- Vice President gives away awards under INSPIRE Scheme Says Science and Technology can Significantly impact All the Three Dimensions of Sustainable Development – Economic, Social and Environmental
- 3rd National Level Exhibition and Project Competitions (NLEPC) under the Inspire Awards Scheme Begins Science can make you Young Friends, “Unique”- says Dr APJ Abdul Kalaam
- Scholarship Awards for Students with Disabilities Increased Laptop to be Provided to All Students with Disabilities
- President meets Recipients of innovation in Science Pursuit for inspired Research (Inspire) Awards Says Science and Technology and innovation would form the New Grammar of Development S. Jaipal
- Earthquake Prone Zone
- Research Opportunities for Scientists of Indian Origin
Search for PIB News
The contents of this website is sourced from press releases issued by the Press Information Bureau, Govt. of India. The official PIB website is at www.pib.nic.in