Eleventh Meeting of the National Board for Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises
The National Board for Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises (NBMSME) in its 11th meeting today deliberated upon various aspects of the Micro, Small & Medium sector. The special focus of the meeting was on action plan for ‘Make in India’, creation of Reliable Database of MSMEs, evolving Industry-driven-Skill-Development Model, promotion of Innovation, Entrepreneurship and Agro Industry and the progress on the new MSME Policy Framework etc. Shri Kalraj Mishra, Minister of Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises chaired the meeting. Shri Giriraj Singh, Minister of State for Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises and Vice-Chairman of the National Board was also present.
Shri Kalraj Mishra in his opening remarks described several initiatives of Ministry of MSME for overall development of the sector and emphasized that the Ministry of MSME is going to be a major plank in the Government’s ‘Make in India’ initiative. The objective of Make in India is to enhance productivity, competitiveness and that of creating an Eco-system for quality manufacturing. The Minister said the Ministry will rise to the challenge through action plans directed at Incubation, Clustering, Credit Guarantee and Skill Development.
Shri Giriraj Singh also stressed on the need for developing the MSME Sector to enable the upliftment of the rural masses.
Shri Madhav Lal, Secretary, MSME, Shri Amarendra Sinha, Special Secretary & Development Commissioner (MSME) and Member Secretary (NBMSME), Members of Parliament, Officials of Ministries/Departments, Government of India and the State Governments, representatives of various Associations invited as Special Invitees, representatives from other MSME Associations, Financial Institutions and Women Entrepreneurs also participated and actively discussed various issues concerning the MSME sector.
Related Press Releases
- Tenth Meeting of the National Board for Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises (NBMSME) Held
- Shri Kalraj Mishra, Minster for Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises, , inaugurates Coir Board Pavilion
- President presents National Awards to Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises
- National Awards to Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises – A Curtain Raiser
- PM’s address at the National Awards Ceremony for Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises
- Ravi Shankar Prasad Seeks Support of CSCS in Popularising Government Initiatives in Rural India
- Setting up of Petroleum, Chemicals and Petrochemical investment Regions
Search for PIB News
The contents of this website is sourced from press releases issued by the Press Information Bureau, Govt. of India. The official PIB website is at www.pib.nic.in