Shillong to host three day Indian Panorama Film Festival Opens with Marathi feature film, ‘Dr. Prakash Baba Amte – The Real Hero’
The Indian Panorama Film Festival this year is being hosted by Shillong, Meghalaya. It will present a bouquet of best of contemporary Indian Cinema produced in different languages with a view to promoting quality cinema from different parts of the country. Eight feature films and three non-feature films will be screened over three days. The festival will be inaugurated by the Chief Minister of Meghalaya, Dr. Mukul Sangma in the presence of Secretary, Ministry of Information & Broadcasting, Shri Bimal Julka on 12th March, 2015 at 4.30 pm at U Soso Tham Auditorium, Shillong. The film festival is being organised by the Directorate of Film Festivals, Ministry of Information & Broadcasting in collaboration with the Government of Meghalaya.
The festival will open with the Marathi feature film, ‘Dr. Prakash Baba Amte – The Real Hero’ directed by Ms. Samruoddhi Porey.
Other feature films which will be screened during the festival are ‘Drishyam’ (Malayalam), ‘December 1’ (Kannada), ‘Kuttram Kadithal (Tamil), ‘Ankhon Dekhi’ (Hindi), ‘Othello’ (Assamese), ‘Ri’ (Khasi), ‘Teenkahon’ (Bengali) and ‘Ranjana Ami Ar Ashbona’ (Bengali). Non-feature films to be screened during the festival are ‘Songs of the Blue Hills’ (Nagamese/English), ‘A Dream Never Dies’ (Assamese) and ‘Ek Hota Kau’ (Marathi).
Indian Panorama Film Festivals are being held in Shillong for the last two years and this will be the third edition of the festival.
Related Press Releases
- Government committed to promote films from North East: Shri Bimal Julka Dr. Prakash Baba Amte: the Real Hero - the opening film at Indian Panorama Film Festival at Shillong
- Selection of Feature & Non-Feature Films in Indian Panorama for 45th International Film Festival of India, IFFI 2014
- Third edition of Indian Panorama Film Festival inaugurated in Shillong
- I&B Ministry to release “India Film Guide for Cannes” at the 67th Annual Cannes Film Festival Participation to focus on Co-production, Single Window Clearance and Film Heritage
- President of India to confer National Film Awards on 3rd May 41 Awards to be given in Non-Feature Film category; 40 Awards to be given in Feature Film category; 3 awards to be given in Best Writing
- Towards ‘Swacchhagraha’, Seminar on Gandhiji’s dream of Clean and Capable India from March 12 President Shri Pranab Mukherjee to inaugurate two day International Seminar
- President of India’s message on the eve of Independence Day of Mauritius
Search for PIB News
The contents of this website is sourced from press releases issued by the Press Information Bureau, Govt. of India. The official PIB website is at www.pib.nic.in