Union Finance Minister Shri Arun Jaitley to Leave for Three Day Official Visit to UK Tomorrow; To Unveil Statue of Mahatma Gandhi on Saturday at Parliament Square, London; To Meet UK PM Mr David Ca
The Union Finance Minister, Shri Arun Jaitley is leaving tomorrow for a three day official visit to London, U.K. on the invitation of the British Government. The Finance Minister will arrive in London tomorrow evening. On Friday, 13th March, 2015, the Finance Minister Shri Jaitley will hold a bilateral meeting with his U.K. counterpart and Chancellor of Exchequer Mr. George Osborne and will discuss various bilateral and multilateral economic and financial issues. Both the leaders will also discuss the economic situation in the two countries as well as overall global economic situation.
The Union Finance Minister Shri Jaitley will also hold a meeting with the Institutional Investors organised by M/s J.P. Morgan. He will also participate in an Investors’ Meeting organised by U.K.-India Business Council (UKIBC), FICCI and High Commission of India, London. The Finance Minister will also visit London Stock Exchange (LSE) and will also hold meeting there as well.
The Finance Minister will later inaugurate the branch of Union Bank of India in London.
On Saturday, 14th March, 2015, the Union Finance Minister Shri Jaitley will unveil the statue of Mahatma Gandhi in Parliament Square, London. The UK Foreign Secretary and Chancellor had earlier announced plans for a statue of Mahatma Gandhi, the inspiration for non-violent civil rights’ movements around the world, to be erected in Parliament Square. The statue of the Father of the nation will be the 11th Statue to be erected there in Parliament Square standing alongside with world leaders like Britan’s war-time PM Winston Churchill and South African leader Nelson Mandela The bronze statue will be the focal point for the commemoration this summer of the 100th Anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi’s return to India from South Africa to start the struggle for self rule. Gandhi ji has a particular connection to London having studied there like so many young and talented Indians who even go there today for studies.
The Finance Minister will also later on meet the Prime Minister of U.K. Mr. David Cameron. In the late evening, the Finance Minister will leave for back home and will reach the national capital on Sunday morning, 15th March, 2015.
Related Press Releases
- Finance Minister Arun Jaitley Leaving Tomorrow for Four Day Official Visit to Russia; FM to Participate in the Meeting of BRICS Finance Ministers & Central Bank Governors and Inaugural Meeting of the
- Finance Minister to Leave for Four Day Official Tour to USA Tomorrow; to deliver Key Note Address at US-India Business Council 38th Leadership Summit; to meet US Business Leaders During his Visit
- Text of Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi’s address at a programme held to unveil statue of Mahatma Gandhi, at Roma Street Parkland, in Brisbane
- Tamil Nadu Chief Minster Ms. J. Jayalalithaa Calls on the Union Finance minister Shri Arun Jaitley
- Union Finance Minister Shri Arun Jaitley Intoduces the Constitution Amendment Bill on Goods and Services Tax (GST) in Lok Sabha; New Article 246a Proposed to Confer Simultaneous Power to Union and
- Keynote Address by External Affairs Minister Smt. Sushma Swaraj at the Inaugural Session of Delhi Dialogue VII in New Delhi
- National Mission for Manuscripts
Search for PIB News
The contents of this website is sourced from press releases issued by the Press Information Bureau, Govt. of India. The official PIB website is at www.pib.nic.in