Railways’ Cash-on-Delivery Service for E-Tickets
Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation Ltd. (IRCTC), a public sector undertaking of the Ministry of Railways, has launched Cash on Delivery (CoD) service for e-tickets w.e.f. 01.01.2015 on pilot basis. The salient features of the scheme are as under:
· Under this scheme, the customer books the tickets online through the following channels and opts for Cash on Delivery service or may make online payment:
ii. Bookmytrain App on Android platform.
iii. Bookmytrain App on Windows platform.
iv. Bookmytrain App on BlackBerry platform.
v. Bookmytrain App on iOS platform.
· The customer can book tickets up to five days prior to commencement of journey.
Introduction of the scheme for facilitating the passengers and its proliferation based on feedback is a continuous and ongoing process.
This information was given by the Minister of State for Railways Shri Manoj Sinha in written reply to a question in Lok Sabha today.
Related Press Releases
- Public Service Delivery System for Hotel Projects
- Two-Day Regional Conference on “Innovation in Public Service Delivery”
- Regional Conference on “Innovations in Public Service Delivery
- Railways Conduct Checks to Prevent Misuse of Tatkal Tickets
- Optimum Utilisation of all Reserved Categories in Trains
- Railways Conducts Safety Audits Regularly
Search for PIB News
The contents of this website is sourced from press releases issued by the Press Information Bureau, Govt. of India. The official PIB website is at www.pib.nic.in