“National Biotechnology Development Strategy II” is to be Finalised
The Department of Biotechnology, Ministry of Science and Technology is in the process of drafting a “National Biotechnology Development Strategy II” for encouraging life sciences education, research and entrepreneurship. Giving this information the Minister of State for Science & Technology and Earth Sciences Shri Y.S. Chowdary said the strategy seeks to address a number of identified challenges in terms of tailor-made human capital for scientific research and entrepreneurship; research priorities, resources, and core facilities. Other areas to be addressed by the strategy include creation of investment capital; intellectual property regime; technology transfer, absorption, diffusion and commercialization; regulation standards and accreditation; biotechnology partnerships between public and private sectors both nationally and globally and public understanding of biotechnology.
The draft policy is currently under discussion with all senior experts and stakeholders for finalization before release, the Minister added.
Related Press Releases
- Multi-Pronged Strategy for Development of Minority Communities Focus on Area Development, Educational, Economic, Women Empowerment and Strengthening of Minority Institutions
- National Conference Being Called on 26-27 February to Chalk out Strategy for Kharif Season
- National Conference to be held to Chalk Out Rabi Farming Strategy Stress on Making Quality Seed Available
- CSR Rules Finalised After Extensive Consultations - Sachin Pilot
- Concept to be Finalised Soon for Impementation of the Sagar Mala Project
- Promotion of Hindi
- More Girls Hostels in the Country
Search for PIB News
The contents of this website is sourced from press releases issued by the Press Information Bureau, Govt. of India. The official PIB website is at www.pib.nic.in