Pellet Manufacturing Plant at GUA Iron Ore Mines in Jharkhand
Steel Authority of India Limited (SAIL) will invest about Rs. 4749 crore to enhance its iron ore production capacity of the iron ore mines of Gua in West Singhbhum District of Jharkhand. This includes an outlay of about Rs. 2743 crore to set up state of the art crushing, beneficiation and pelletisation plant facilities. Letter of Award (LoA) for the main package consisting of crushing plant, downhill conveyor, a beneficiation plant and pellet plant module has been awarded in April, 2014 and it is to be completed in 40 months. After expansion the capacity of Gua mines will increase to 10 Million Tonnes Per Annum (MTPA) which includes 6 MTPA of iron ore lumps and fines and 4 MTPA of pellets.
This information was given by Minister of State Sh. Vishnu Deo Sai in reply to a question Rajya Sabha today.
Related Press Releases
- Meeting of Central Advisory Committee on Iron Ore Mines, Manganese Ore Mines and Chrome Ore Mines organized
- Visvesvaraya Iron and Steel Plant
- Allocation of Iron Ore Mines
- Reopening of Iron Ore Mines
- Fee for Change of Name in Gas Connection
- Iron Ore Exported From the Country
Search for PIB News
The contents of this website is sourced from press releases issued by the Press Information Bureau, Govt. of India. The official PIB website is at www.pib.nic.in