Comprehensive women entrepreneur development programme
The Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises has been implementing Trade Related Entrepreneurship Assistance and Development (TREAD) Scheme for Women. The scheme envisages economic empowerment exclusively of women through trade related training, information and counseling extension activities related to trades, products, services etc. Under the Scheme financial loans are provided by Nationalized Banks and grants by Government of India at the rate of 30% of the loan subject to maximum limit of Rs.30.00 lakh through NGOs for capacity building and for undertaking self-employment ventures by women in non-farm activities. Ministry of MSME also conducts Skill Development Training Programmes for women to upgrade their skills for self & wage employment and generate income. Under Mahila Coir Yojana , financial assistance is provided for motorized ratts for spinning coir yarn to women artisans after giving training. Government provides motorized rats/ motorized traditional ratts at 75% cost subsidy subject to a maximum ceiling of Rs.7500/- for motorized ratts and Rs.3200/- for motorized traditional ratts .The remaining 25% is raised by the beneficiaries. Under the Prime Minister’s Employment Generation Programme (PMEGP) , the women entrepreneurs are provided additional subsidy of 10% over & above the general category entrepreneurs in both rural & urban areas, with reduced beneficiary contribution of 5% of project cost as against 10% for general category. Under the Micro & Small Enterprises - Cluster Development Scheme (MSE-CDP) , there is special dispensation for women entrepreneurs in Soft and Hard Intervention ranging from additional 15% to 20% of Government of India grant.
This information was given by the Minister of State, Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises, Shri Giriraj Singh in a written reply to a question in Rajya Sabha today.
Related Press Releases
- A Two-Day Consultation by M/o Women & Child Development on National Nutrition Mission begins in New Delhi Smt Maneka Gandhi asks stakeholders to put in place a comprehensive time-bound action plan o
- UPA Chairperson, Smt. Sonia Gandhi Launches ‘Ahimsa Messenger’ Programme of Ministry of Women and Child Development Smt. Gandhi: It is Necessary to change Mindset of the Society Smt. Krishna Tir
- Multi-Sectoral Development Programme to be Revamped-Shri K Rahman Khan Multi-Sectoral Development Programme Modified for 12th Five Year Plan Block Replaces District for Focussed Wider Implementation
- Measures for Comprehensive and Continued Development of the Auto Sector
- Comprehensive Telecom Development Plan for North-Eastern Region
- Making co-operative entrepreneurship attractive
- Zero Effect, Zero Defect Model
Search for PIB News
The contents of this website is sourced from press releases issued by the Press Information Bureau, Govt. of India. The official PIB website is at www.pib.nic.in