Ratan Tata to Head Railways ‘Kayakulp’ Council Yet Another Fullfilment Of Promise Made In Railway Budget Speech 2015-16
Taking immediate follow up action in implementing the Budget announcement, the Minister of Railways Shri Suresh Prabhakar Prabhu has now constituted the ‘Kayakulp’ Council and has appointed Shri Ratan Tata to head this Council. The purpose of the Council is to recommend innovative methods and processes for the improvement, betterment and transformation of the Indian Railways.
This Council would be a standing body ad would interact with all stakeholders and other interested parties. This Council would initially also have Shiv Gopal Mishra, General Secretary, All Indian Railwaymen’s Federation (AIRF) and Dr. M. Raghavaiah, General Secretary, National Federation of Indian Railwaymen (NFIR), the two recognized federations representing the railway employees as members.
The other members of the Council would be announced in due course.
This setting up of the Council is yet another fulfillment of the promise made in the Railway Budget Speech. The Railway Minister Shri Suresh Prabhu while presenting the Railway Budget 2015-16 in Parliament on 26th February 2015 said –“Every dynamic and thriving organization needs to innovate and re-invent its practices. In accordance with the vision of Hon’ble Prime Minister for Innovation, Technology Development and Manufacturing, the Indian Railways intend to set up an innovation council called “Kayakalp” for the purpose of business re-engineering and introducing a spirit of innovative in Railways.”
Related Press Releases
- The Union Minister for Railways, Shri Suresh Prabhakar Prabhu will be leaving for Parliament House with Railway Budget 2015-16 documents. Minister of State for Railways, Shri Manoj Sinha will accompan
- Indian Railways Invite Suggestions from the Public for Forthcoming Railway Budget Railway Ministry Receives Collective Inputs on Various Railway Subjects from Online Community
- Railways Intends to set up an Innovation Council Called “Kayakalp” for Purpose of Business Re-Engineering Railways Proposes to set up ‘Malaviya Chair’ for Railway Technology at IIT (BHU), Varanasi
- Railways for setting up a full-fledged railway university during 2015-16. Railways to undertake systematic human resource audit
- Nine Major Thrust Areas in the Railway Budget 2015-16
- Development of Court Infrastructure
- Shortage of Raw Material in Electrical Equipment Manufacturing Industry
Search for PIB News
The contents of this website is sourced from press releases issued by the Press Information Bureau, Govt. of India. The official PIB website is at www.pib.nic.in