Annual Conference of State Minorities Commissions 2015 on Monday
The Annual Conference of the State Minorities Commission will be held here on 23rd March,2015 (Monday). The one day Conference focusing on Development of Minorities will have two Technical sessions besides inaugural, and Valedictory. At Technical I session on “Capacity building of Minority Educational Institutions in India” Prof.Talat Ahmad, Vice Chancellor Jamia Milia Islamia will deliver the keynote address. Technical II session on “Corporate Social Responsibility and Development of Minorities in India” will be addressed by Shri S S Mundra, Deputy Governor, Reserve Bank of India.
The Conference is to be inaugurated by Union Home Minister of and the Minister for Minority Affairs will preside over the function. Dr Jitendra Singh, Union Minister of State (Independent Charge) for Development of North Eastern Region (DoNER), MoS in PMO, Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions, Space and Atomic Energy and Shri Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi the Minister of State for Minority Affairs and Parliamentary Affairs would also participate in the Inaugural Session.
The Conference is held every year on a theme which the National Commission for Minorities considers as relevant and important to the Minorities and the State Minorities Commissions, the State Governments particularly the Minority Welfare Departments and NGOs dealing with minority issues. The last Annual Conference held in 2013 was on the theme “Sensitivity of the Majority, Responsibility of the Minorities In Secular India”.
Related Press Releases
- Annual Conference of State Minorities Commissions 2013 to Begin Today ‘Sensitivity of the Majority, Responsibility of the Minorities In Secular India’ - Theme of the Conference
- Annual Conference of State Minorities Commissions Concldes Minority Commissions should Motivate People-Shri K Rahman Khan
- Annual Conference of State Minorities Commissions gets underway Government Committed to instill sense of security among Minorities: Shri Rajnath Singh
- Annual Conference of State Minorities Commissions
- Union Home Minister inaugurates the 10th Annual Conference of State Minorities Commissions Security of Minorities is a challenge before the Government: Rajnath Singh
- Prof. Sanwar Lal Jat Releases UN World Water Development Report 2015
- President’s greetings on the eve of Chaitra Sukladi, Ugadi, Gudi padava, Cheti Chand, Navreh and Sajibu Cheiraoba
Search for PIB News
The contents of this website is sourced from press releases issued by the Press Information Bureau, Govt. of India. The official PIB website is at www.pib.nic.in