Wi-Fi Facilities in Moving Trains
As a pilot project, Wi-Fi in 12301/12302 Howrah-New Delhi-Howrah Rajdhani Express has been provided. Further, work for provision of Wi-Fi in 12957/12958 Ahmedabad Rajdhani Express, 12005/12006 Kalka Shatabdi Express and 12045/12046 Chandigarh Shatabdi Express has been taken up.
For provision of reliable Wi-Fi in a moving train, currently Satellite Communication is the only technology available which is capital intensive and has high recurring cost in the form of Bandwidth rentals. In view of the above, no specific time period can be given at present.
This information was given by the Minister of State for Railways Shri Manoj Sinha in written reply to a question in Rajya Sabha today.
Related Press Releases
- Provision of First Aid Facilities in Trains
- First aid Medical Facilities in Running Trains
- Emergency Medical Facilities in Trains
- Facilities for Ladies, Handicaps and Senior Citizens in Trains
- ‘Anubhuti’ Coaches with latest modern facilities to be introduced in select trains
- Ongoing Railway Projects
- Expansion of Railway Network in Remote Areas
Search for PIB News
The contents of this website is sourced from press releases issued by the Press Information Bureau, Govt. of India. The official PIB website is at www.pib.nic.in