I & B Ministry bags Platinum icon in Web Ratna Awards 2014 Awarded in Comprehensive Web Presence Category
The Ministry of Information & Broadcasting has been awarded the Platinum icon award for the Comprehensive Web presence in the Web Ratna Awards 2014. The award today was conferred by the Minister for Communications & Information Technology in the presence of Secretary, M/o C&IT, Shri R.S. Sharma. The award was received by Ms. R. Jaya, Joint Secretary on behalf of Secretary (I&B), Shri Bimal Julka along with the New Media Wing team of the Ministry.
The award was presented to Ministry of Information & Broadcasting for having a significant presence on all social media sites which makes it accessible for users through multiple online platforms. The website follows GIGW guidelines. It caters to the information needs of various stakeholders by providing access to all the policies and guidelines issued by the Ministry. The home page of MIB website has timestamp, giving last update details. The website has a dedicated Hindi version besides regular English version. The portal has a Google enabled search facility to search within the HTML content. The website is based on Content Management System (CMS).
Web Ratna Awards have been instituted by the Ministry of Communications and Information Technology, acknowledges unique initiatives/practices of various states/UTs in the realm of e-governance. The Government of India has been bracing for innovation and transformation in delivery of information/services with adoption of best ICT practices. Web Ratna Awards recognize these e-governance initiatives. Web Ratna Awards were instituted to appreciate and acknowledge the initiatives and contributions of individuals & institutions and their innovations, which have empowered the Government in achieving the vision of good governance. Web Ratna Awards was instituted in the year 2009.
Related Press Releases
- IIIrd Web Ratna Awards to Include “Open Data Champion” Category
- Andhra Pradesh and Madhya Pradesh Jointly Awarded National Tourism Award for Best State/UT in the Category of Comprehensive Development of Tourism
- President of India to confer National Film Awards on 3rd May 41 Awards to be given in Non-Feature Film category; 40 Awards to be given in Feature Film category; 3 awards to be given in Best Writing
- DAVP Receives the Web Ratna Award - 2012- Golden Icon Award
- RailTel Bags ‘Aegis Graham Bell’ Awards 2014
- Advance Reservation Period for Booking Reserved Train Tickets increased from 60 days to 120 days from 1st april 2015
- Reservation Facilities Provided to Senior Citizen and Female Passengers Including Pregnant Women Reservation Facilities Provided to Senior Citizen and Female Passengers Including Pregnant Women
Search for PIB News
The contents of this website is sourced from press releases issued by the Press Information Bureau, Govt. of India. The official PIB website is at www.pib.nic.in