Pre-Matric Scholarship for ST Students
The Ministry of Tribal Affairs has introduced a Centrally Sponsored Scheme of Pre-Matric Scholarship for ST students studying in classes IX&X w.e.f. 01-07-2012. The Scheme aims at improving participation of ST children in classes IX and X of the Pre Matric stage, so that they perform better and have a better chance of progressing to the Post Matric stage of education. The rates of Scholarship are Rs.150/- per month for day scholars and Rs.350/- per month for hostellers, for a period of 10 months in a year and books and ad hoc grant of Rs.750/- per year for day scholars and Rs.1000/- per year for hostellers. Additional allowance for ST students with disabilities is also admissible to those students who are studying in private unaided recognized schools. The scholarship is, however, available to only those ST students who are not getting any other Centrally funded Pre-Matric Scholarship and whose parents’/guardian’s annual income does not exceed Rs.2.00 lakh. The Scheme is implemented through the State Governments and UT Administrations who receive 100% Central Assistance over and above the committed liability of the State Governments/UT Administrations is available from the Government of India.
Details of Central Assistance released to State/UT-wise under the Scheme during 2012-13 (as on 31/01/2013) are as under:-
|Sl. No.||Name of the State||Central Assistance Released (Rs. in lakh)|
This information was given by the Minister of State for Tribal Affairs Smt. Ranee Narah in a written reply in the Lok Sabha today.
Related Press Releases
- More than 21 Lakh STs Students gets Pre Matric Scholarship Rs. 748 Crore Spent During 2013-14 under Post Matric Scholarship Grants-In-Aid to Voluntary Organizations Benefiting About 7,85,431 STs
- Over Rs. 1244 Crores Released For Scholarship Schemes to Minority Students in 2014-15 Post- Matric Scholarship through Online Scholarship Management System in 2014-15 About Rs. 678 Crores Rel
- Pre-Matric Scholarship for ST Students
- Consultative Committee Meeting of Social Justice & Empowerment Ministry Deliberates on Post Matric Scholarship Scheme for SC and OBC Students
- Pre-Matric Scholarship for Rag-Pickers
- Beneficiaries under Forest Rights Act, 2006
- MNRE Extends Central Financial Assistance upto 50% for Biogas Festilizer Plants.
Search for PIB News
The contents of this website is sourced from press releases issued by the Press Information Bureau, Govt. of India. The official PIB website is at www.pib.nic.in