90% of LPG Cylinders to be sold at subsidised rates: P. Lakshmi
The Minister of State for Petroleum & Natural Gas Smt. P. Lakshmi informed the Lok Sabha in a written reply today that the Public Sector Oil Marketing Companies (OMCs), namely, Indian Oil Corporation Limited (IOC), Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited (BPCL) and Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited (HPCL) have estimated (based on previous year consumption data) that 90% of cylinders will be sold at subsidized rates and annually only 10% of cylinders will be sold at market prices at current cap level of 9. This translates to saving fiscal subsidy and under recoveries on around 0.92 crore cylinders @ Rs.503.58/cylinder.
She explained that the cap was implemented w.e.f. 14.09.2012. During the period Sep’12- Jan’13, OMCs registered a growth of -1.8% as compared to a growth of 6.9%, during Sep’11-Jan’12 in domestic LPG. On the other hand they have registered a growth of 12.5% during Sep-Jan’13 against 5.4% growth in corresponding period of previous year i.e. Sep-Jan’12 in sales of industrial LPG (NDNE).
OMCs, she added, have reported that they are meeting the genuine demand of the customers registered with them. However, if backlog gets generated due to uncontrollable/ unavoidable reasons, the same is tided over by augmenting supplies to the affected markets by operating the bottling plants on Sundays/ holidays.
Related Press Releases
- Restriction of one cylinder per month removed to benefit consumers; Number of subsidised cylinders will continue to be 12
- Petroleum Minister approves proposal to expand the Scheme for sale of non-subsidised 5 KG LPG Cylinders from Petrol Stations ; Scheme was earlier launched on Oct 5 from Select COCO Petrol Pumps i
- Notification for the Revised All Industry Rates of Duty Drawback Issued; Rates to be Effective from 21st September, 2013
- Bangalore Gears Up to Host Aeroindia – 2013 All Exhibition Space Sold Out Russian Aerobatic Team will Colour the Bangalore Sky
- Fake Gas Cylinders
- Civil Services (Main) Examination, 2012- Results of the Written Examination Announced
- Oil and Gas Projects
Search for PIB News
The contents of this website is sourced from press releases issued by the Press Information Bureau, Govt. of India. The official PIB website is at www.pib.nic.in