Scholarship Schemes for Minority Students
The Ministry of Minority Affairs implements three Scholarship Schemes and one Fellowship Scheme for Educational Empowerment of students belonging to the minority communities at present i.e. Pre-matric Scholarship Scheme, Post-matric Scholarship Scheme, Merit-cum-Means based Scholarship Scheme and Maulana Azad National Fellowship. Details of the Scholarship Schemes are available on the website of the Ministry.
Online Scholarship Management System (OSMS) has been put in place for the two Scholarship Schemes namely Post-matric and Merit-cum-means based Scholarship. Maulana Azad National Fellowship being implemented by University Grants Commission is also administrated online. Further, the total scholarship amount is being transferred into students Bank Account directly under these three Schemes.
This was stated by Shri Ninong Ering, the Minister of State in the Ministry of Minority Affairs in response to a written question in Lok Sabha today.
Related Press Releases
- Over Rs. 1244 Crores Released For Scholarship Schemes to Minority Students in 2014-15 Post- Matric Scholarship through Online Scholarship Management System in 2014-15 About Rs. 678 Crores Rel
- Minority Affairs Ministry Team Visits J&K to Implement Flood Relief Package Last Date of Scholarship Schemes Extended to 15th December for J&K Students Seeks Time Bound Action Plan From Sta
- Scholarship to Students of Minority Community
- Scholarship for Minority Students in Rajasthan
- Scholarship for Higher Study of Minority Community Students
- Construction of Houses for Economically Weaker Sections
- Financial Assistance for Development of Basic Amenities
Search for PIB News
The contents of this website is sourced from press releases issued by the Press Information Bureau, Govt. of India. The official PIB website is at www.pib.nic.in